Peace of mind and reassurance for the operator
Each control of an underground tank and its associated pipework is under your responsibility.
Bearing this in mind, and concerned for the operators’ peace of mind, SDT has developed the most comprehensive and accurate system that allows performing inspections with confidence. Compliance with the method procedures ensures diagnosis accuracy (“tight or not tight”) and traceability of maximum data for each inspection.
- Time savings, ease of use, reliability, maximum sensitivity, recording of dBµV measurements and audio files.
- The sensitivity of SDT270 and its new associated sensors provides this measuring instrument with unprecedented sensitivity. The unit can detect even the smallest perforations or “mini defects” that do not generate a significant degree of pollution yet.
- Inspection data management software for total traceability and tamper-proof reports.
- Complete and irrefutable test results through consultation of records stored in the memory.
The SDT TankTest method valorizes and reassures the operator. It is suitable for both domestic and gas-station tanks.
Since 1995, the method has been tested and approved by various accrediting agencies, in Belgium, France and the United States. SDT International has directly or indirectly participated to the inspections of several thousand tanks in Belgium and many other countries.
The SDT acoustic method is straightforward and provides immediate results.
Ultrasonic tightness testing consists in collecting and amplifying the sounds generated by leaks further to the depressurization of the tank, using two sensitive sensors.
- Two dedicated sensors are placed in the tank. One in the liquid and the other one above the surface of the liquid.
- SDT270 measures background noise in the installation (reference value) in dBµV.
- The tank is placed in a partial vacuum.
- Diagnosis is issued based on a comparison between the reference value and the measurements obtained from each sensor.
- This diagnosis is then confirmed by the operator who is listening to the sound of the leak.
- The recording time of measurements and audio files is defined based on the operator’s needs.
- Very flexible operation regarding step sequencing, recording time, momentary stops, etc.
- Consultation of the dBµV values and playback of the audio files are available at any time from the device memory.
Managing data and printing tamper-proof reports
- Connection through a standard USB port.
- Data management software SDT270 TankTest Reporter; immediate printout of detailed, complete and tamper-proof reports.
- Unique and automatic numbering of reports and report versions; simplified data and file searching.
- Unlimited customization of reports.
- Memory within a 3-level data structure.
- Free license for an unlimited number of inspections.
- Warning messages indicating free hardware and software updates.
SDT270 is available in an ATEX-certified version. It is thus compliant with ATEX requirements for operations in the most dangerous and potentially most explosive environments.
Product brochure for SDT270 TankTest
Download your brochure for more information on the acoustic control of underground tanks.