1-Day Acoustic Lubrication Workshop
We’ve been using lubrication to fight friction for more than 4000 years. One would think by now we would be better at it.
Yet statistics published by the world’s leading bearing manufacturers – companies like SKF and FAG – suggest that less than 5% of bearings reach their engineered L10 lifecycle. Furthermore, they report that as much as 80% of bearing failures are directly attributable to poor lubrication practices.
Bearing failures result in costly downtime and missed production targets. With so much at stake, one wonders how the simple task of injecting grease into a bearing could go so horribly wrong.
This workshop is designed to help organizations right the wrongs by optimizing asset lubrication. We talk about grease; what it is, how it works, and the very best way to apply it. Our aim is to give clarity to grease composition, and the different phases of lubrication.
The merits of on-condition lubrication are discussed and contrasted with calendar-based replenishment scheduling. Everything is tied together with an explanation of the recent advances in acoustic lubrication.
There is no better way to learn new technologies than to roll up your sleeves and get busy. The entire afternoon session is dedicated to a thoughtful practical bearing lubrication and assessment exercise. Attendees will work with state-of-the-art ultrasound greasing technology. They even have the choice to bring their own instruments.
This is a FREE Workshop for all attendees.
- Gain an understanding about grease composition and the different phases of lubrication
- Compare the merits of a time-based versus on-condition grease replenishment schedule
- Discover advancements made in ultrasound technology that help you grease bearings right
- Experience practical, hands-on play with state-of-the-art ultrasound instruments and software
- Gain insight to accelerate the velocity of culture change for your acoustic lubrication program
- Understand lubrication related defects caused by human error and misguidance
Workshop Locations and Registration
|May 28, 2018||Vancouver Island, BC||Register|
|May 29 2018||Montreal, QC||Register|
|June 1, 2018||Edmonton, AB||Register|
|June 4, 2018||Toronto, ON||Register|
|June 5, 2018||Halifax, NS||Register|
|June 6, 2018||London, ON||Register|
As an SMRP Approved Training Providers, both SDT and LUDECA are thrilled to offer workshop attendees continuing education recognition through the SMRP Approved Provider Program